Friday 22 June 2012

Railsbuntu

Been a long time since I wrote a post....

I am now sending myself into a new adventure : Writing a technical book RailsBuntu .

This will be done base on an agile context (thanks to leanpub.com), where the readers can interact with me, and maybe some will join me as it s going along.

But first let me tell you that the book is not yet available and published, I have a lot of work to do to put my notes all together in order to make it readable, and it is taking more time than I thought.

I may release chapter by chapter and depending of the feedback than I got I may divert a little from the line that I have chosen.

Please feel free to comment and let me know if there is a point that you would like to see.

The target of the book is Rails on Rails on a Ubuntu Server. So I will first look at the admin side of the server to get the web platform ready and then add rails examples needed for particular aspect such emailing, ajax example, html layout etc...

A section on troubleshooting may be useful, where I can put problems that I(or you) have encounter during my coding experience.

Wish me luck and be patient with me (I also have a full time job)

No comments: